We post Groundswell events as well as events hosted by our partner farms, members, and collaborating organizations and businesses. If you would like to submit an event to add to our calendar, please click here. Please allow 2 business days for posting and note that Groundswell resolves the right to make final decisions on posting event calendar.
4th Annual Finger Lakes Permaculture Weekend
August 25 - August 27
Friday, August 25th
Permaculture films shown in Ithaca and surrounding communities in New York’s Finger Lakes region.
Saturday, Aug 26th
Tours of Permaculture Farms, Gardens, Parks, & Homes
- Various locations within an hour of Ithaca, N.Y., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- See examples of permaculture design. Meet the designers and practitioners.
- Plants, seeds, food, medicine and others gifts are for sale at many of the working farms.
- An online map will be found at FingerLakesPermaculture.org.
- Self-organize carpools and routes: https://www.groupcarpool.com/t/zc5jre
- Finger Lakes Cider House, Interlaken, N.Y. from 4:30 to 8 p.m.
- Permaculture Artifacts Raffle
- Donations requested and raffle proceeds will support the Permaculture Tour Weekend.
Sunday, Aug 27th
Convergence & Plant Sale:
Networking for the Regional Permaculture Scene
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County, 323 Owego Street, Montour Falls, N.Y.
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Presentations, demonstrations, a gathering of permaculture practitioners and enthusiasts, plus a sale of perennial plants.
- Admission to the event is free. Your donations will support the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute and the Permaculture Tour Weekend.
- Local food trucks will offer lunch fare.