We post Groundswell events as well as events hosted by our partner farms, members, and collaborating organizations and businesses. If you would like to submit an event to add to our calendar, please click here. Please allow 2 business days for posting and note that Groundswell resolves the right to make final decisions on posting event calendar.
Tiny House Class
June 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$80
Have you wondered if you could live in a smaller space? Are you considering building a small home? Do you want to learn first hand from someone who has gone through the process and is now living in a Tiny House what it takes to build one? And live in one? Come spend a day at my Tiny House and let’s explore the many decisions it takes to create a house that feels like home.
Instructor: Miwa Oseki Robbins
What Will be Covered:
• Small House Design: A conceptual design process , based off of my training in Permaculture and self study of Pattern Language, Ianto Evans ’Hand Sculpted House’, and my own experience
• Trailer or no trailer?
• Building codes and permits
• System design decisions : Heat, Electricity , plumbing , and refrigeration
• Building science: Air sealing and insulation
• DIY or hire someone? And everything in between. The pros and cons of different ways to go about it
• And More… Come with Your Questions and Enthusiasm!
What To Bring: Small dish or snack to pass. Vegetarian soup will be provided. Paper, pencil, water.
Location: Miwa’s Tiny House, Trumansburg, NY
Cost: Suggested fee $80, but it is pay what you can, and what you feel is fair.
To Register: RSVP to email@example.com for directions and to save your spot!