Groundswell’s Incubator Farm Program is a three-year program that builds a close working relationship among the Incubator Farmers, Farmer Mentors, and Groundswell Staff. We invest an extraordinary amount of resources and support in our Incubator Farmers, and participation in the program is limited.
- Up to 1/2 acre of farmland at the Groundswell Incubator Farm for up to four years
- Equipment and tools, irrigation system, deer fence, storage shed, and high tunnel
- Spring tillage and winter cover cropping provided by Groundswell staff
- Soil amendments and pH applications provided by Groundswell staff
- Field training workshops with experienced organic farmers
- Individual on-site mentoring from experienced organic farmers
- One-on-one assistance with business planning, management, and marketing from Groundswell staff
- A supportive Groundswell Community network of farmers and food citizens
- Participation Fee: $190 for 1/4 acre per year
- Equipment Fee: $100 per year
- Additional Farm Services: Variable
For more information about Incubator Fees contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We consider all applicants to the Incubator Farm program, but we prioritize admission for people of color and New Americans, including refugees. Our goal is to build a more diverse farming community and to support farmers who often experience significant systemic barriers to starting their business.
- Applicants must have demonstrated farming experience, such as prior experience in their country of origin, on-farm employment, internships, participation in Groundswell programs, or similar training experiences.
- Applicants must have a clear farm business concept and a commitment to developing a farming enterprise, not just production for home use.
Apply to the Incubator Farm Program
To find out more about the program or to apply, contact our Incubator Program Manager, Devon Van Noble, at email@example.com or call 607-319-5095.