Ithaca Beer Company is seeking a farmer to take the lead on our growing production farm. Last year our Taproom (restaurant) sourced roughly 25% of the produce it utilized on the year from our on-site greenhouse and gardens. We are looking for someone who can take on the existing project and continue producing for the Taproom while also possessing the skills and passion to expand what we are doing. Some potential projects include but are not limited to poultry and pig farming, orchard development and an employee CSA.
Skills and Responsibilities
• Overall farm maintenance (from ordering to planting and harvesting)
• Ability to utilize and maintain farm equipment (tractor, 4 wheeler, irrigation, etc.)
• Strong Communication (with head chef and management)
• Understanding of and ability to stick to a budget
• Tracking and maintaining record of harvest for accurate invoicing of Taproom
• Computer proficiency (MS Office)
• Ability to maintain an inventory
• An eye for aesthetics (the gardens are often open to public view)
• Understanding of organic crop production and pest management
• Flexible schedule
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift and move 50 pounds
• Ability to develop a crop plan and achieve harvest goals
While we are not Certified Organic we are interested in adhering to Organic principles, successful candidates will have a similar philosophy. This position has the potential for full time, year-round work in a salaried position but will start out hourly for the first season.
Please include resume and cover letter in your response