Interested in Volunteering with us?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Groundswell Center! We’re really excited you want to support our work for a sustainable, just and equitable local food system and we can’t do it without you. Whether you’re looking to help out once in awhile or in an ongoing manner, there’s a way for you to plug in.
Farmer StorySlam @ Ithaca Beer Company:
THURSDAY June 20th, 5-9pm
3 Shifts, 2-3 people per shift needed
Shift 1: 5-6:30pm - SET UP
Shift 2: 6:30-8pm - SUPPORT AND REGISTRATION
Shift 3: 8-9pm - BREAK DOWN
Incubator Farm Volunteer Days:
First Thursdays of every month, April-October
THURSDAY June 6th, 5:30-7:30pm
We need volunteers at the Incubator Farm.
More info below.
>> Contact us or Sign up Here>
Long Term Opportunities (a.k.a "Groundswell Superheroes")
- Become a member of our Board of Directors: Board Members meet bi-monthly and provide leadership, strategic planning and fundraising assistance in support of Groundswell’s vision and mission. For more information about the Board of Directors, please click here.
- Become a Committee Member: Currently, Groundswell has three committees that guide our work; the Incubator Farm Committee, the Equity and Accountability Committee, and the Development Committee. For more information about our committees and how to get involved, please click here.
- Hands-on support is always welcome such as childcare or set-up/clean-up at workshops and public events, offering transportation for participants to workshops, posting flyers around town, and social media posts.
Incubator Farm Hands-on-the-Land Opportunities
- First Thursdays: From April to October, come help out at the Groundswell Incubator Farm, just a few miles west of Ithaca, on the first Thursday of every month from 5:30-7:30PM. Come for a the whole time, or just a short while! Tasks may include helping fix or build infrastructure, weed, plant, or helping the Incubator Farmers. Enjoy a beautiful sunset as you get your hands dirty! View our event directory for a list of farm volunteer days. Transportation available from downtown Ithaca.
- Corporate and Group Volunteer Days: We welcome companies, businesses,and schools for work days and private tours on the Incubator Farm during the growing season. A $50-100 donation is requested for groups.