Interested in Volunteering with us?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Groundswell Center! We’re really excited you want to support our work for a sustainable, just and equitable local food system and we can’t do it without you. Whether you’re looking to help out once in awhile or in an ongoing manner, there’s a way for you to plug in.
Incubator Farm Volunteer Days:
First Thursdays of every month 5pm-7pm, July-October
Third Tuesdays of every month 10am-12pm, July-October
We need volunteers at the Incubator Farm.
More info regarding COVID and volunteers dates below.
Long Term Opportunities (a.k.a "Groundswell Superheroes")
- Become a member of our Board of Directors: Board Members meet bi-monthly and provide leadership, strategic planning and fundraising assistance in support of Groundswell’s vision and mission. For more information about the Board of Directors, please click here.
- Become a Committee Member: Currently, Groundswell has three committees that guide our work; the Incubator Farm Committee, the Equity and Accountability Committee, and the Development Committee. For more information about our committees and how to get involved, please click here.
- Hands-on support is always welcome such as childcare or set-up/clean-up at workshops and public events, offering transportation for participants to workshops, posting flyers around town, and social media posts.
Incubator Farm Hands-on-the-Land Opportunities
This season Groundswell has dedicated a small plot on the Incubator Farm to growing food for community members experiencing food insecurity. We will be offering at least two volunteer opportunities a month.
Volunteers are advised to bring a water bottle. Masks are required. Social distance will be maintained.
- First Thursdays: From April to October, come help out at the Groundswell Incubator Farm, just a few miles west of Ithaca, on the first Thursday of every month from 5:00-7:00PM. Come for a the whole time, or just a short while! Tasks may include helping fix or build infrastructure, weed, plant, or helping the Incubator Farmers. Enjoy a beautiful sunset as you get your hands dirty!
- Third Tuesdays: From July to October, come help out at the Groundswell Incubator Farm, on the third Tuesday of every month from 10:00AM-12:00PM. Come for a the whole time, or just a short while! Tasks may include weeding, planting, or harvesting in the Solidarity Garden plot.
- Corporate and Group Volunteer Days: We welcome companies, businesses,and schools for work days and private tours on the Incubator Farm during the growing season. A $50-100 donation is requested for groups.